Consulting is a significant and growing business. Once you’ve gotten your first consulting client, and delivered excellent Feasibility consulting serviceswork for them, bringing in more clients only gets easier.
It’s not surprising that consulting is attractive to many people who want to launch a business. After all, if you have a sellable skill, it’s an easy business to enter. No one will stop you from calling yourself a consultant and startup can cost as little as printing business cards and getting a business license.
On the flip side of the coin, consulting is fiercely top financial advisory firmscompetitive.
Start with these 3 business valuation servicessimple tips:
- Know exactly what to say—in one minute or less—to prove you are the best consultant a client can find.
- Create a corporate finance advisorymarketing strategy that emphasizes action over planning.
- Become a master of the consulting process, not just a subject-matter expert.
- Win with value and results, not price.
Have something to say
Prospective clients rarely look for consultants until they have a pressing need. In other words, “we just can’t do it ourselves; let’s get outside help fast.” One client admitted that his team had been spinning its wheels trying to resolve a complex corporate governance servicestransportation problem for three years before they hired consultants and gave them four weeks to come up with a solution. They made it happen.
The point is that, when most clients are in the market for help, they wanted it yesterday. And they want the best financial consulting agents they can find, at an affordable price. So, take the time to define what makes you the best consultant for the specific types of clients you want to work with.
Why would clients turn to you for their most important projects? Be prepared to answer these questions during your first conversation with them:
- What exactly, are you offering? Is it strategy development, financial management, operations improvement, sales and marketing advice, technology development, change management assistance, or something else?
- Why is it needed? What specific business problem or opportunity will your services address?
- How will the client be better off after having worked with you?
- What’s different about your firm, its services, results, or approach?
- What quantifiable benefits and results can your client expect?
- If you can’t articulate the answers in a minute or less, keep working. You may only have that one minute to make a first impression on a client, so make it count.
Qualify each project to determine your ability to win the work and earn a profit. These corporate governance expertsstrategy do not always go hand-in-hand.
Scope projects, so you and the client know what work will be done and the anticipated results. Your profit can evaporate if you have an ambiguous statement of the project scope.
Find the pricing strategy that’s fair to clients and protects your bottom line. Pricing business valuation expertsservices is as much an art as a science, and there are at least fifteen different pricing strategies you can use.
Corporate governance advisory beginning
Your clearest path to a new client is your network of former employers and others who can make introductions to get that first project kicked off. Keep in mind, though, that consulting begins and ends with results.
To succeed, you must offer and deliver undisputed value to your clients and everyone else in your network. Value is also the foundation on which you must build your marketing. Your network of colleagues won’t support you, or your business, if your best financial consulting firmsvalue is questioned anywhere along the way.
So, before you launch your practice, give these ideas some thought. They’ll help put you on the road to long-term success.